Reasons I looooove my job:
1. I get to travel to beautiful places (lately, Washington state).
2. I get to work wth dedicated, passionate, caring, loving, educators. Folks with the most important job in the world and who are CRUSHING it for kids... I am honored to be a witness.
3. Those teachers sometimes hug me. (And after multiple days on the road, a hug is the best gift I could receive. And maybe, just maybe, some of their brilliance will rub off onto me.)
4. I am making a difference. I am blessed to be providing training on research-based strategies that I believe--with with my whole heart and soul--will help educators become experts... And that's what we need in every classroom--an expert. I am helping folks unleash their true potential in order to be the very BEST they can be in order to impact student achievement and make a difference to all the students who look up to them. I am amazed and in awe.
5. I get to ride in airplanes, drive cars, ride ferry boats (!!!!), and see what education looks like all over the country. My world used to be small... now it's HUGE... and that's AWESOME.
6. I get to laugh and share my stories and talk on a microphone and laugh some more and hear the stories of the people on the ground-floor, doing the 'dirty work.' I hear the BEST stories, I swear. There's a book to be written.
7. I get follow-up emails with more stories, more connections, new friends... My colleagues now live all over the country. I've got folks I can call for a cup of coffee or a walk all over the place.
8. I am well-fed. Damn, teachers know how to treat a girl right! (Clearly this is a double-edged swords but I'll take it...)
9. I am becoming a MASTER traveler. Need to know how to fit it all in a carry-on? Ask me. Need to know which airports have the best wine? I'll tell you. Curious as to how to make traveling bearable? I'll tell you. Let's have some wine and talk about it. I'll chart it out for you.
10. I am sitting on the right seat, on the right bus, and I am thankful every. single. day. for the gift of this career that so truly fulfills me and inspires me and humbles me and pushes me and challenges me and humors me.
Gratitude. Gratitude. Gratitude. Blissful, glorious gratitude.